Are you a Candidate for Sedation Dentistry?
There are several reasons that may qualify you as a candidate for Sedation Dentistry. If you’re not sure if it’s right for you, please call us at (403) 201-3248 and we would be happy to explain further or even request a consultation appointment to discuss with us one-on-one.
Sedation Dentistry may be the right option for you if you’ve experience any of the following points:
- High Fear or Anxiety
- Have had traumatic dental experiences
- Have very sensitive teeth
- A gag reflex
- Extensive dental problems
- A tight schedule
- Difficulty in becoming numb
- If you just generally hate everything to do with the dental office
How Does Sedation Dentistry work?
Upon arrival, you’ll be escorted to the consultation room. One of our treatment coordinators will then sit with you and go over your treatment to be done and answer any last minute questions you may have. The doctors will then administer the sedation medication (this is in a powder form. It is placed under your tongue). The amount of medication will be given depending on procedures, length of your appointment, and comfort level.
You will then be escorted to the treatment room where the Dental assistant will cover you with a cozy warm blanket and monitor your vital signs at all times. You’ll be relaxed through your appointment. This means that you’ll have little to no memory of your experience, including the sounds and smells of the dental office. Most of our patients tell us that they remember coming into the office and then waking up several hours later in their own bed.
It’s extremely safe. Difficult and involved dental treatments that would often require several appointments can often be completed in one appointment with this method.
When you’re relaxed and comfortable, we’ll take care of your dental needs. When we’re done, your companion will take you home to enjoy the rest of your day.
Sedation Dentistry Summary:
- Sedation Dentistry is Safe: You will not be unconscious, but will merely be in a deeply relaxed state. No intravenous tubes or needles are required.
- Sedation Dentistry is Pain-Free: You will feel no pain while in the dental chair, and you will have little to no memory of the experience.
- Sedation Dentistry is Flexible: Depending on the treatment you require and the level of sedation achieved, sedation dentistry can help you remain relaxed for two to six hours.
- Complex Dental Treatments can be Completed in Just One Visit: You can have crowns or bridges replaced, veneers cemented, numerous fillings done, a professional cleaning completed with our hygienist, or numerous teeth extracted; all while you remain comfortably relaxed.
Taking care of your teeth need not be a painful or stressful experience. So contact us and find out how oral sedation may work for you.